* USA Visa Information for NaBIC 2013 Attendees *
Visitors entering the USA. must posses a valid passport and where necessary a valid visa. Visas will be necessary for countries other than Canada, Mexico, and countries on the "Visa Waiver Program (VWP) (http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html). Here are some key travel-visa-related links from the US government, which will help you in preparing for the application:
It is recommended that after gathering basic information, the participants contact the nearest US Embassy/ Consulate to establish the application process and any region specific requirements. Here is a link to websites of U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions Visa applications may take several weeks to be processed, especially if there is a request by the embassy for further information or clarification. Therefore, attendees should apply for a travel visa as early as possible. Typical wait times to obtain visas for citizens of various countries are given on the following website:
NaBIC 2013 Organizing Committee is not responsible for establishing your travel arrangements or obtaining visas. However, in order to assist with the travel visa application process, we will provide upon request a letter of invitation to attend NaBIC 2013 to authors of papers that have been accepted and to non-authors who have paid the conference registration fee. The invitation "letter" will normally be provided in the form of a pdf file via email. If you wish to receive an invitation letter to help with your visa, then submit the information listed below to:
Dr. Simone Ludwig <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Include the following:
▪ Your full name (as it appears on your passport) - please use CAPITAL letters
for your family name (also called your last name or surname);
▪ Your "pre-title" (Dr., Mr., Ms.);
▪ Your job title (for example: BS/MS/PhD student, Research Associate, Assistant Professor, Director of Mathematics, Research Scientist (companies/ government) etc.);
▪ Your affiliation (university, company, organization etc.);
▪ Postal address (this may be either your work or home address, whichever you prefer), make sure that you include room number (if required), building, street, city, state, postal code and country;
▪ Email address, and phone number (home or work);
▪ Your NaBIC 2013 paper submission number(s) and title(s) where applicable.
This information is required so that we can send you an electronic letter of invitation, but it does not give you a visa or guarantee that the US embassy will grant a visa. Submit your request for a visa invitation letter as soon as possible. Please allow 5 days for an email response.